Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Has he learnt his lesson? The answer is NO

‘If it was a Malaysian court, I wouldn’t have been found guilty’

1405426704192
Having spent time in a Swedish prison upon being found guilty of abusing his children, Azizul Raheem Awalluddin says he believes that if he had been on trial in Malaysia, he would not have been found guilty. — TRP pic by Wan Kah Hoong
Malaysian Azizul Raheem Awaluddin, 38, convicted of having abused his children in Stockhold, Sweden along with his wife Shalwati Norshal, arrived at the KL International Airport (KLIA) at 5.30pm today after completing his jail term, which ended on July 9.
Azizul flew home via Malaysia Airlines (MAS) from Sweden to London before flying to KLIA.
His four children, Aisyah, Ammar, Adam and Ariff were at the airport to greet their father.
Shalwati, however, is still in a Swedish jail, having another three months of jail term to serve.
When met by reporters at the airport, the former Malaysian Tourism director in Sweden said he was thankful that he was reunited with his children after being in prison for seven months.
Alhamdulillah, I’m back home safe. Now I just want to meet my family members.
“I also would like to ask my fellow Malaysians to pray for my wife, Shalwati, who is still in jail and will be released on Sept 29,” he said.
When asked about Shalwati, he said his wife was healthy and hoped to be released soon so that she can see their children.
“I am thankful to God that in the holy month of Ramadan, I have been released and can spend Hari Raya Aidilfitri with my family.
“Today is also my mother’s birthday. Insya-Allah, we will plan for our Hari Raya celebrations but for now we will remain in Kuala Lumpur until my wife returns,” he added.
Talking about being in a Swedish jail, Azizul said the prison wardens there were a bit tough and they were not accorded halal food.
“I only ate vegetables there because the prison did not make halal food.”
He added that having spent seven months away from his children, he was glad to be reunited with them, and other family members.
Azizul Raheem also said if given a choice, he would not want to return to Sweden.
“What has happened let it remain in the past. I believe if I had been on trial in Malaysia, I would not have been found guilty.
“I advise Malaysians working overseas to find out more about the law in those countries.
“This is because the laws overseas are not the same as what we have in Malaysia. What we have here is much better,” he said, adding that those facing trouble overseas should immediately seek help from the Malaysian Embassy.
On March 28, Azizul and Shalwati were given 10-month and 14-month jail sentences respectively and ordered to pay their children a combined total of RM52,262 in damages.
They were arrested on Dec 18, 2013 and on Feb 10, they were charged with multiple counts of gross violation of their children’s integrity by hitting and abusing them.
The couple’s four children, Aishah, Ammar, Adam and Ariff have since been placed under the care of their relatives in Kelantan after leaving Sweden, where they had been placed under the care of a non-Muslim foster family.


No comments:

Can a Dead Duck come back alive?

  I HAVE NOT SEEN A MIRACLE FOR A LONG, LONG TIME. HAVE YOU SEEN ONE? ZAHID GIVEN A DNAA. NAJIS SENTENCE GIVEN A 50% DISCOUNT. ZAFRUL NOT CH...